Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Shayne Ward defends cover single 2010

Shayne Ward defends cover single

 Shayne Ward 'Gotta Be Somebody'
Shayne Ward has defended his decision to launch his comeback with a cover version.

Last week, the X Factor star announced that his first single in nearly three years would be 'Gotta Be Somebody', a song written and originally recorded by Nickelback.

However, the 25-year-old Mancunian insisted that he has put his own stamp on the song, which became a UK top 20 hit for the US rock band in November 2008.

"The whole transition from being rock to pop/R&B was really exciting for me and it's definitely made it into my own track. It's the perfect first single to kick-start my Obsession album," he told Digital Spy earlier this afternoon.

"I don't look it as a cover. It's just a great song. I hadn't heard the song for a while before I recorded it, but I got into it again straight away because it's got such a catchy chorus. It's got a great message too - it's about hope, that there's someone out there for all of us."

Ward also revealed that the song's promo clip could premiere within a matter of days.

"I shot the video in Downtown LA last week, but I can't tell you anything about it! Hopefully I'm going to get to see an edit later today and fingers crossed Simon [Cowell]'s going to love it. If it gets the thumbs up, you might even get to see it by the end of the week," he said.

Ward releases 'Gotta Be Somebody' digitally on November 7 and on CD single the next day. The album Obsession follows on November 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment